Number 23 – Happy Birthday to me! Yup, it’s that time again – August 23 on the calendar means I just added another year. Does this bother me? Not really. But the number 23 sends shivers down some’s spine…it’s a numerology thing. It’s all about the woo woo.
-Winnie the Pooh
On the cusp, Leo/Virgo – just squeaking into Virgo. Do opposites attract? Hmmm
Back to the number 23, today’s theme, and the spine thing:
Humans have 23 vertebra running down the main part of their spines.
I’ve stated before that the number five is my woo woo number. It’s a big number in nature. In numerology, five is the number for freedom.
Number 23: 2 + 3 = 5
I have five letters in each of my three names given at birth. My address has many fives in it; there are many things in my life represented by the number five. When I moved here, almost 30 years ago, this parcel of land, where I breathe and live and feel, had only a country rural route address and our mail was delivered more by name than by number. When the green emergency numbers were allocated, years later…my address? #15555 Uh huh.
Numbers five and eight are supposedly holy numbers.
23: 2 + 3 = 5
The Law of Fives states that all things happen in fives, or are divisible by or are multiples of five, or are somehow directly or indirectly appropriate to five. Also 2 to the 3rd power is eight.
Am I creeping you out yet? 🙂 Want some more?
- “23 is the most commonly cited prime number and the only prime number that consists of two consecutive prime numbers
- Each parent contributes 23 chromosomes to the start of human life. The nuclei of cells in human bodies have 46 chromosomes made out of 23 pairs. Egg and sperm cells in humans have 23 chromosomes which fuse and divide to create an embryo.
- Two divided by three makes 0.666 recurring.
- The Hiroshima bomb was dropped at 8.15am – 8+15= 23.
- Charles Darwin’s Origin of Species was published in 1859 – 1+8+5+9 = 23.
- The Sept. 11th attacks: 9+11+2+0+0+1 add up to 23.
- Julius Caesar was stabbed 23 times – my Daughter was born on March 15 – the “Ides of March”.
- The Knights Templar had 23 Grand Masters
- The first morse code transmission – “What hath God wrought?” – was from the Bible passage Numbers 23:23. In telegraphers code 23 means “break the line”.”
There are many references to the number 23 in the Bible.
- ” “W” is the 23rd letter of the alphabet. It has two points down and three points up. Half of W is V, which is the roman numeral for 5.
- The “W” on your keyboard is right between the 2 and 3.
- E is the fifth letter of the alphabet, and also the most commonly used in the English language. (I just threw that in because it’s a five) 🙂
- The average human physical biorhythm is 23 days.
- The Titanic sank on 4/15/1912; 4+1+5+1+9+1+2=23.
- The tilt of Earth’s axis is roughly 23 degrees.
- The pattern of DNA shows irregular connections at every 23rd section.
- Blood circulates the body on average every 23 seconds.
- The average circumference of a human head in inches is 23.
- The Harmonic Convergence occurs every 23,000 years.
- Geosynchronous orbit occurs at 23,000 miles above Earth’s surface.
- 23 Annunaki aided in the seeding of life on this planet.
- April 19th as in 4-19… 4 + 19 = 23. April 19 is the date the Battle of Lexington, Waco, and the Oklahoma City Bombing.
- Asteroid researchers measuring the rotation periods of asteroids reported that none were found with periods of less than 2.3 hours. A rotation period of less than 2.3 hours would cause them to be torn apart.
- B.C.E the politically correct term meaning “Before Common Era”, or more to the point, before the supposed birth of Christ B, C, E: the 2nd, 3rd, and 5th letters of the alphabet
- The address of the Freemasons lodge in Stafford, England is 23 Jaol Rd. In New York it is on 23rd street.
- There are 2,300 stones comprising the Great Pyramid.”
Have you seen the movie starring Jim Carrey, The Number 23? Didn’t score high in ratings, but creepy all the same.
There’s more, but you get the point – cool, huh? So if someone says I’m “special” or “different”…ummm, yup, that’s me! 🙂
Today we are under a Taurus Moon in her third quarter. Today’s colour is red. Red is for courage and is a Leo, masculine colour: half of my cusp.
This morning as I was looking out my kitchen window, the wild turkeys were back, marching through the meadow. This time the hens brought their young with them – quite a sight. I didn’t get a photo, I didn’t want to scare them. Turkeys represent luck and good fortune.
Hmmm, courage, luck and good fortune – I’ll take that!
Dining out with women friends tonight, I’ll be the one wearing red.
Until next time,